Ah, Halloween—the air turns crisper, and the excitement in our home builds with each passing day. The rustling leaves, the scent of pumpkin spice, and the promise of fall festivals and Halloween parties with the kids mark the arrival of a cherished season. Fall is the ideal time to plan some screen-free activities to enjoy with your kids! Here are 5 screen-free activities to enjoy with your little ones this Spooky Season:
1. Go on a pumpkin patch adventure! This one is the perfect photo-op! Moms, grab your pumpkin spice latte and head to the local pumpkin patch with the kiddos. Not only is it a great time to explore but this activity will TIRE your kids out. If you have time, grab a mini pumpkin or two to take home for carving.
2. Decorate the Doorway. One of my personal favorite things to do with the kids is set-up a few simple festive decorations with the kids. Whether that’s a pumpkin we carved together or paper links stapled together, my kids love being apart or setting up for the season!
3. DIY Trick or Treat Bags! One thing that makes the trick or treating easy is prepping small candy bags for our neighborhood trick-or-treaters. Grab some plastic trick-or-treat bags from Target along with some assorted candies and have your kids fill each bag and tie it with a small ribbon and taa-daa! Easy grabable trick or treat baggies for the neighborhood kids!
4. Family Pumpkin decorating contest! Get the entire family together for a pumpkin decorating contest. Get some paint, glitter glue, googly eyes, and some pom-poms and let the creativity and competitiveness begin! No pumpkin carving involved!
5. Color a “Trick Or Treat” Busy Banner: Grab a "Trick or Treat" banner for some spooky Halloween coloring fun! Keep your kids occupied while you set-up the Halloween decor or just need a break from figuring out everyone's costume. The “Trick Or Treat” banner is also a great decoration to hang under your mantle and for when those cuties are ready to show off their costumes!
Make Halloween time a TREAT for you and your family! When you just want to cozy up on the couch with a blanket or have a million errands to complete, that doesn’t mean you have to pull out the iPads and TV. From good ole fashioned family fun activities to getting crafty around the house, keep the kids busy and having the time of their lives!